Warning: getimagesize(/var/www/html/planning/wp-content/plugins/attachment-manager/icons/application_pdf.gif) [function.getimagesize]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/dlanc/public_html/planning/wp-content/plugins/attachment-manager/wp-attachment-manager.php on line 409
Meeting Point – The Chapman Building – 756 S. Broadway (@ 8th Street) [MAP]
BRINGING BACK BROADWAY -
STREETSCAPE DESIGN WALK
Tuesday, February 17, 2009
(participate anytime you like within that timeframe)
756 S. Broadway (at 8th Street)
The Broadway Streetscape Plan project is part of Bringing Back Broadway, a public-private partnership initiative, led by Councilmember Jose Huizar, focused on the long-term success and viability of the historic Broadway district between 2nd and Olympic.
The Streetscape Plan will provide a framework for streetscape and infrastructure improvements that will rehabilitate the street and enhance the pedestrian, streetcar, bus and other transit experience, support a reviving theater district, activate and encourage life on the street to spur economic development, and encourage reusing and celebrating existing buildings and historic assets.
This Broadway Walk is the kickoff for the community process that will inform the Streetscape Design — come and share your input! All are welcome!
1. Meet at The Chapman Building * — Get inspired by what other communities are doing to improve their streets.
2. Take a stroll at your own pace along both sides of Broadway — Share your vision for the Broadway Streetscape. Tell us what you think is special about the street and what could be improved or changed.
3. Bring your camera to document what you see! — We will solicit your photos to share with everyone via Flickr after the Walk.
4. Return your completed worksheet to us at The Chapman Building.
* Check-in and receive worksheet forms at The Chapman Building starting at 4:00 PM, then embark on a self-guided walk to observe and compile input. We recommend allowing 60 minutes or more to walk both sides of Broadway, from 2nd Street to Olympic. The Chapman Building base camp will be open from 4:00–7:00 PM.
See you on Broadway!
For more information, please contact Valerie Watson (Mélendrez – Landscape Architecture, Planning & Urban Design) – 213-673-4400 – moc.zerdnelemnull@nostawv
- Final Broadway Streetscape Design – Public Meeting
- Broadway – $1M Boost for Streetscape/Infrastructure
- Broadway Streetscape Master Plan Unveiled
- Broadway Public Meeting – 5/27/2009
- REMINDER – Broadway Open House – 5/27/2009